GCJ problem on RS/6000

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Fri Feb 8 06:00:00 GMT 2002

>>>>> "Martyn" == Martyn Honeyford <MARTYNH@uk.ibm.com> writes:

Martyn> The bottom line seems to be that GCJ *should* work on AIX,
Martyn> although the "java collection of packages" is not enabled in
Martyn> the top level configure.  Not too sure what this configure
Martyn> point means - does this mean that he will need to alter the
Martyn> configure script in some way ?

My reading is that this means that some of the issues have been solved
(the GC port, the libffi port), but others have not (the "$" issue).
I believe the configury note means that if you download and configure
gcc for AIX, it won't build libgcj.

Martyn> Presumably all this applies to the latest cvs version, so his
Martyn> best bet is probably to get that?

It is his best bet if he is willing to try to solve the remaining
problems.  Otherwise I think he'll simply be frustrated.