sqrt interpreter Q

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Thu Feb 7 20:13:00 GMT 2002

>>>>> "Bryce" == Bryce McKinlay <bryce@waitaki.otago.ac.nz> writes:

Bryce> For some reason my answer to this didn't make it to the list.

I saw it later on the gcc list, not this one.

Bryce> I'm pretty sure this is not a libffi bug but rather an endian
Bryce> bug in either either "gcj -C" or libjava. The same problem
Bryce> occurs on Linux PPC. Reflection does have similar problems with
Bryce> sub-int sized types, but that may be a different issue.

I tried this on x86.  Here is fails with gij, but works when compiling
to native from either .class or .java.  It also works with the JDK
interpreter.  Finally, it fails with gij when compiled with the JDK
compiler.  So I think it must be in the libgcj interpreter and not
with `gcj -C'.