darwin and java status

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Thu Feb 7 17:57:00 GMT 2002

>>>>> "Andreas" == Andreas Tobler <toa@pop.agri.ch> writes:

Andreas> So I apologize for the noise. It seems that I have had an erroneous
Andreas> meaning about this CLASSPATH and this led me to completely wrong path.
Andreas> From the above I take that I use the gnu-java and NOT the Apple
Andreas> installed sun, correct?

Setting CLASSPATH often leads to problems.  The best approach is
simply not to set it.  Unfortunately sometimes that is hard.

It would be great if gij could detect when the class path is incorrect
and print a helpful message.  I don't know how feasible that is; it
isn't a high priority thing for me.