why does exception.cc have "unwinding" code for sjlj?

Richard Henderson rth@redhat.com
Fri Feb 1 09:19:00 GMT 2002

On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 01:55:00PM +0000, Andrew Haley wrote:
> We're baffled by this.  Why does SJLJ_EXCEPTIONS code need the
> call-site table?  Something to do with

The call site table allows us to call setjmp just and handle any
exception within the function.  The previous implementation had
to call setjmp many times, which bloated the code quite a bit.

> Adam Megacz writes:
>  > The main problem I'm running into is that some of the unwind code
>  > requires libstdc++ (specifically, #include <cstdlib>),

Well then use <stdlib.h> instead.

>  > Win32 never calls the _Unwind functions anyways; it just throws an
>  > exception out of the signal handler.

Err, if you didn't call _Unwind_RaiseException, you didn't throw
an exception at all.

r~