eclipse status (summary: it looks nice)

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Mon Dec 30 15:00:00 GMT 2002

>>>>> "Andrew" == Andrew Haley <aph@redhat.com> writes:

Andrew> I was wondering if there might be some automagic way to
Andrew> generate these MAYBE_MARK invocations for ach of the fields so
Andrew> that if we add another field we won't have to remember to edit
Andrew> this file.

That would be nice.  In a similar vein we must also initialize new
Class fields properly; see _Jv_InitNewClassFields.

For Class it seems like we could compute the correct Boehm GC
signature once at startup (or in gcj and just fetch it from the Class
vtable).

One problem is we cheat and make a subclass of Class with some hidden
fields.  See java-interp.h.  Unifying this stuff into Class has been
on the to-do list forever (usually classified under "pluggable JIT
interface" work).