Untimed resolve ?

Anthony Green green@redhat.com
Fri Dec 27 18:15:00 GMT 2002

On Fri, 2002-12-27 at 09:39, Martin Vechev wrote:
> At the end of loading the X class it also resolves it, which seems
> incorrect. Shouldn't it rich the actual 'new' bytecode
> and then throw NoClassDefFoundError.

I think you're right.  Did you try it with Sun's or IBM's java?  I saw
something like this a couple of months ago.  gij was reporting an error
like this, but IBM's java could run the code just fine -- even though
the class in question was missing in both cases.

Would you mind filing a bug report for this?

Thanks,

AG