eclipse status (summary: it looks nice)

Anthony Green green@redhat.com
Sun Dec 22 20:05:00 GMT 2002

On Sun, 2002-12-22 at 19:32, Anthony Green wrote:
> On Sun, 2002-12-22 at 17:10, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> > There are still some big showstoppers. You will need to disable the
> > Garbage Collecter or you will get the attached exception while starting
> > up.
>
> Try this...
>
> 2002-12-22  Anthony Green  <green@redhat.com>
>
> 	* boehm.cc (_Jv_MarkObj): Mark the protectionDomain of a class.

Yes, that was it!

I'm running Eclipse right now.  It's surprisingly usable on my 2.4GHz
P4.

In addition to this fix, I had to disable class verification.  Perhaps
the version of Eclipse you're running doesn't have the problematic
bytecode sequence my version has (which is a Red Hat-internal version).

IIRC, -fno-assume-compiled=... is working now -- so perhaps we can start
selectively compiling parts of Eclipse to .so files.

AG