3.3 branch, 3.3.1, 3.4, etc

Dhek Bhun Kho bhun@chello.nl
Mon Dec 16 17:31:00 GMT 2002

Hi,

> Do you plan to include gjdoc with gcj?
Is it at all necessary? (imho) It's better to spend time I guess on
things that actually affect compilation of java code and gcj itself. But
hey, I am just the newbie.

I did have a question I was hoping somebody might answer. Like what is
the preferred method of implementing the gcj java classes? Java code
(and a lot of memory loss) or interfacing cni? I could like recode
something in c++ which are/were messy (like the stringtokenizer, it
should be like easy to make in c++).

Cause this set up would work wouldn't it?

public class StringTokenizer {
private NatTokenizer natTokenizer;
public StringTokenizer() { natTokenizer = new NatTokenizer();}
public boolean hasMoreTokens() { return natTokenizer.hasMoreTokens(); }
}

class NatTokenizer {
native boolean hasMoreTokens();
}

I am still reading a bit about cni and such, but couldn't find real
documents about like what is preferred, like either cni or jni. My new
year's resolution was to take up c/c++ again (I quit raw progrmaming
when I became sixteen or so, and took it up again (java) like two years
ago, spent lots of time on java but some things are just plain silly, I
must admit). I'd like to help out (as i am unemployed at the moment
anyway, lawsuit ;)). I really like the combination of c++/java. Is the
current speed of gcj compiled programs due to the amounts of native
code?

Hopefully it's not too bothersome for all these messages to appear (and
why does gcc keep version bumping?)

Greets.
Bhun.