bug in ZipInputStream

Erik Poupaert erik.poupaert@chello.be
Mon Dec 16 12:03:00 GMT 2002

Hi,

I've tried to recompile gcj from today's snapshot sources on Cygwin. I
understand that building the minGW host seems to depend on the commendable
but offstream efforts by Ranjit Matthew; and that the minGW hosting patches
have unfortunately not been integrated into the mainstream.

I've first tried to configure a cross-compilation target with host cygwin
and target mingw:

$ ./configure --prefix=/cygdrive/c/xMinGW --target=i386-mingw32
Configuring for a i686-pc-cygwin host.
*** This configuration is not supported in the following subdirectories:
     target-libffi target-boehm-gc target-zlib target-libjava
    (Any other directories should still work fine.)
Created "Makefile" in /home/ERPO/src/gcc using "mh-frag"

It seems unsupported. What's weird however, is the fact that the plain
cygwin-cygwin compiler doesn't want to configure either:

$ ./configure --prefix=/cygdrive/c/CygGcc
Configuring for a i686-pc-cygwin host.
*** This configuration is not supported in the following subdirectories:
     target-libffi target-boehm-gc target-zlib target-libjava
    (Any other directories should still work fine.)
Created "Makefile" in /home/ERPO/src/gcc using "mh-frag"

Weird. target-libjava seems dead stuck in the water.

Both makefiles fail anyway. Does anybody know how to configure cygwin as a
cross-compiler for mingw. It needs to build a working gcj.exe executable
especially.

Thanks for helping
Erik