bug in ZipInputStream

Erik Poupaert erik.poupaert@chello.be
Sat Dec 14 12:27:00 GMT 2002

Hi Per,

Thanks for pointing me to the gnatsweb.pl application. Is your mail an
addition or a replacement for Tom Tromey's answer? He said:

"""
Tom Tromey, Sent: 13 December 2002 18:34
It is fixed in cvs.  The fix will appear in gcc 3.3.
"""

It may, however, also be related to PR 7766, "ZipInputStream.available
returns 0 immediately after construction", even though that seems to be
related to freshly constructed, but empty ZipInputStreams.

Shouldn't I wait until gcc 3.3. before filing a new bug report? I haven't
been able to figure out how to apply these patches and rebuild the source
right away; and see if they also solve my problem. It's all still very new
to me.