bug in ZipInputStream

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Fri Dec 13 09:34:00 GMT 2002

>>>>> "Erik" == Erik Poupaert <erik.poupaert@chello.be> writes:

Erik> [ zip bug ]
Erik> Has anybody heard of an imminent fix for the bug?

It is fixed in cvs.  The fix will appear in gcc 3.3.

Erik> By the way, how do you produce a corresponding tree of *.o files
Erik> for a source tree of *.java files?

Compile each one with `-c -o ...'.

Erik> And please, don't refer me to Gnu Make. Whenever I see the
Erik> convoluted syntax involved, I start heading for a nervous
Erik> breakdown. I'd really like to stick with Ant.

You'll have to ask an Ant hacker.

Erik> Another small thing. If I put my compiled resources in
Erik> @files.txt, for use with Anthony Green's core protocol, gcj
Erik> complains. I have to put my resources in a separate folder and
Erik> proceed as following: gcj @files.txt resources/*.o -o myexe.exe
Erik> main=MyMain. Otherwise gcj starts complaining violently about
Erik> not finding class declarations, unexpected characters "."

When you compile a resource file you have to pass a special command
line option.  Otherwise gcj assumes it is java source.  I don't think
we have a plan to change this; you just have to stick with separate
compilation in this case.

Erik> And last, probably another annoying question: what compilation
Erik> options can I use to maximally reduce the executable's size?

Search the list for responses.  You can disable java.net, and JNI, and
maybe a couple other things.  You can link statically, though that can
cause problems.