GCJ 3.2 for Win32: Updated Snapshot

Ranjit Mathew rmathew@hotmail.com
Thu Dec 12 21:52:00 GMT 2002

Tom Tromey wrote:
> Ranjit> 3. The interpreter (gij) seems to ignore JAR/ZIP files in the
> Ranjit>     CLASSPATH, leading to NoClassDefFoundError errors.
>
> Are you working on this?  Did you try 3.3?  There have been a lot of
> changes in this area.

I will try figuring it out.

You're right about the 3.3 improvements - one of the things
I've noted while investigating this, for example, is that
the gnu.gcj.runtime.VMClassLoader class in 3.2 is not safe
w.r.t. Win32 (use of "/" and not "file.separator") -
this has already been corrected in 3.3. Another thing is
that I guess it should recognise both ".JAR" and ".ZIP"
(in addition to ".jar" and ".zip") as valid archive
suffixes for case-insensitive filesystems like Win32 FAT/NTFS.

BTW, I forgot to add (sorry) that gcj -shared foo.jar doesn't
work as expected on Win32.

> Ranjit> 2002-12-10  Ranjit Mathew <rmathew@hotmail.com>
> Ranjit> [ changes ]
>
> I read through this list and my impression is that all these changes
> are either in cvs or are pending.  Is that accurate?

Yes, except for small modifications to the configure
scripts to allow proper crossed-native builds, everything
else has either been accepted or is pending approval (except
for the Winsock 2 changes).

Sincerely Yours,
Ranjit.

--
Ranjit Mathew          Email: rmathew AT hotmail DOT com

Bangalore, INDIA.      Web: http://ranjitmathew.tripod.com/