JAXP suggestions

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Tue Dec 3 02:00:00 GMT 2002

>>>>> "Anthony" == Anthony Green <green@redhat.com> writes:

Anthony> Not any time soon.  It requires linker expertise that is
Anthony> beyond me right now.

Fair enough.  I was only asking you since I didn't want to do it :-)

Anthony> However, as Per suggests, I will follow up with the usual
Anthony> suspects (rth and drepper).

Thanks.

Anthony> That being said, there's something that's bothering me about
Anthony> his proposal.  For one, my model of building rhug packages
Anthony> where all dependent packages are in an uninstalled build tree
Anthony> isn't addressed, is it?

Isn't that fixed by adding -L options to the link line?  I think I
don't understand the situation.

>> Failing that, perhaps option [3] is our best bet for the time being.

Anthony> Hmmm... which [3] are you referring to?

Option [3] was:

    3. Keep using GNUJAXP, Xerces, etc as separate packages from libgcj
    (with the exception of the core JRE-tracking org.xml/w3c classes).