Fwd: Re: possible runtime class intialization error

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Tue Dec 3 01:51:00 GMT 2002

Martin> You got this result 0/109 in gcj as well as IBM VM? I tried
Martin> only Sun's HotSpot...

Sorry, I ran with gij and got the same result.  All that means is that
it is a compiler bug.

Interestingly, the bug doesn't occur with `gcj -C'.  It only occurs
when generating object code.  Compiling from .class files also gets
the correct result.

Could you submit a PR and upload your .gz file along with complete
instructions?  I can't debug this immediately, but we need to track
it.

I looked at the code a bit.  It looks like another bug in computing
constant expressions.  This is an area we aren't very strong on right
now :-(

If you're up for debugging you could try writing a smaller example
(shouldn't be too hard) and then tracking through
fold_constant_for_init.