JAXP suggestions

Anthony Green green@redhat.com
Mon Dec 2 21:32:00 GMT 2002

On Mon, 2002-12-02 at 14:41, Tom Tromey wrote:
> I like Per's proposal quite a bit.  Do you think you could implement
> it?

Not any time soon.  It requires linker expertise that is beyond me right
now.  However, as Per suggests, I will follow up with the usual suspects
(rth and drepper).

That being said, there's something that's bothering me about his
proposal.  For one, my model of building rhug packages where all
dependent packages are in an uninstalled build tree isn't addressed, is
it?

Jar file names also don't map to gcj-style shared library names (unless
we repackage every "standard" jar file before installing).

What about simply annotating jar files with info about installed shared
library representations?  Maybe we can simply add a `gcj.config' file to
installed jar files which describe class to shared library mappings to
the compiler.

> Failing that, perhaps option [3] is our best bet for the time being.

Hmmm... which [3] are you referring to?

AG