Can't debug my xlib changes because gdb gets SIGTRAP in __sigsuspend via _Jv_ThreadWait

Jeff Sturm jsturm@one-point.com
Sun Dec 1 10:09:00 GMT 2002

On Fri, 29 Nov 2002, Scott Gilbertson wrote:
> (gdb) break XFillPolygon
> Breakpoint 1 at 0x8051c16
> (gdb) run
> Starting program: /home/scott/mts5000/java/mts5000.bin PC SILENT
>
> Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.

SIGTRAP indicates that a breakpoint is reached, but it should have been
properly handled by gdb.  Gdb needs to cooperate with linuxthreads to
debug threaded programs correctly.  Since it isn't working for you I'd
guess something broke in glibc, gdb or both.

I don't have Red Hat 8.0.  Perhaps someone who does can say whether gdb
is working for them.  I've had good results with RH 7.x and a hand-built
toolchain including gdb.

Several things you might try:
- File a bug report with Red Hat
- Downgrade to 7.x
- Build a custom gcj toolchain with binutils, gdb and glibc (the latter
can be tricky).

Jeff