who's been mucking with EXEEXT?

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Fri Aug 30 15:39:00 GMT 2002

>>>>> "Jeff" == Jeff Sturm <jsturm@one-point.com> writes:

Jeff> Hmm... I agree that is wrong, but I don't see how it could've
Jeff> broken recently:

Back when this code was written, I think the gcc build added `.exe'
suffixes based on the target and not the host.  This was incorrect,
and I don't remember why it wasn't changed, but we just accommodated
that.  Perhaps that has changed in the meantime.

Jeff> Anyway, am I incorrect saying that gcjh is a host utility but
Jeff> EXEEXT is a target setting?

You're not incorrect.

Jeff> 2002-08-27  Jeff Sturm  <jsturm@one-point.com>
Jeff> 	* Makefile.am (ZIP, GCJH): Remove $(EXEEXT).

Looks good to me.  I set up a mingw build today.  I'll test this and
if it works for linux native and linux-x-mingw I will check it in.

Now that I have plenty of disk space again, I'm just going to leave my
mingw build around so I can test it from time to time.