Some notes on our status

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Fri Apr 19 23:16:00 GMT 2002

I think our 3.1 status is improving.  If there are still critical
pending bugs which aren't in Gnats, please tell me (or better yet
submit it).  Or if such a bug exists in Gnats but is not marked
`high', send me the PR number.

Mark has done a lot of work on the Mauve regressions.  Things are
looking good there.

I think PR 6092 (GC failure with Sparc Solaris -m64) may simply be
punted for this release.  I'll spend a bit more time playing with it,
but if nothing jumps out I'll drop it.

PR 6066 (can't rebuild Classpath) is growing and not shrinking :-(.
The current Classpath triggers a known problem in gcj (re-reported as
PR 6336, but also known as PR 1343).  I have a partial patch for this,
which I wrote in December, but it is unfinished.  In any case this
increasingly looks like something we'll unfortunately have to drop for
3.1.  Any comments on that?

PR 6314 is almost done.  I'm testing a patch now.  I chose the name
`-P' for the option because:

* -P is only used by cpp, and we already use -C in a way that
  conflicts with cpp
* "P" for "properties".  Which isn't exactly true but at least it is
  mildly mnemonic