gij and -cp/-classpath

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Tue Apr 9 12:59:00 GMT 2002

>>>>> "Andrew" == Andrew Pinski <pinskia@physics.uc.edu> writes:

Andrew> Would you accept a patch for this?

Yes, definitely.

Andrew> Also would some give an hit of how to do it?

At one point Nic was revamping the argument processing, but I don't
know the status of this.

Meanwhile you can do it by editing libjava/gij.cc.  Any option will
require new code in the help() function plus some processing in main().

The class path is actually set in natSystem.cc.  Getting the
information from gij to here is a little tricky.  Maybe a new global
is best.

You also need to figure out how the new option interacts with the
CLASSPATH environment variable and with `-jar' mode.

Andrew> Mainly the work needs to be done so `gij' would work like
Andrew> `java'.

This is definitely a goal of ours.  Any work towards this is
appreciated.

Andrew> I would need help on the documentation.

The docs are in gcc/java/gcj.texi.  If you can write text describing
what the new option(s) do, I will add the texinfo markup for you.