Analysis of Mauve failures - The final chapter

Bryce McKinlay bryce@waitaki.otago.ac.nz
Tue Apr 9 00:49:00 GMT 2002

Mark Wielaard wrote:

>So it seems to be some sort of trouble when we are really, really out of
>memory and cannot even create an OutOfMemoryError.

prims.cc has a special static-allocated OutOfMemoryError which can be
used in this situation, provided that throwing the exception itself
doesn't need to allocate. However, we have to make sure that printing
this exception doesn't itself require allocation (of a StringBuffer, for
example). It probibly isn't possible to print a stack trace for this
reason. The stack trace printer will just give up if another exception
occurs while its trying to print the stack trace.

regards

Bryce.