Analysis of Mauve failures - Part 1

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Tue Apr 2 18:47:00 GMT 2002

>>>>> "Eric" == Eric Blake <ebb9@email.byu.edu> writes:

Eric> I haven't touched string conversion in Classpath, so I doubt a
Eric> merge would solve this. I do know that the string->float
Eric> conversion in Classpath is wrong, since it uses
Eric> string->double->float which can have off-by-ulp errors (I know
Eric> this, because I had to fix this very sort of bug for the jikes
Eric> compiler).

We use fdlibm to do string->double conversions.  I imagine that step
is fine (though of course only debugging will show the truth).  It is
possible that we introduce problems in the other steps, since gcc
doesn't fully respect Java semantics.  Failures like this, if that is
what they are, can just be ignored (disabled) for now; we can't fix
these problems in the 3.1 timeframe.