jc1: Can't find default package 'java.lang'

Weiqi Gao weiqigao@networkusa.net
Mon Sep 24 15:22:00 GMT 2001

On Mon, 2001-09-24 at 16:29, Dachuan Yu wrote:

> > It wasn't the wrong jc1 because I was using absolute path. Neither
> > "gcj -v" nor "jc1" tells me the class path. How do I explicitly
> > specify the class path? "--classpath=..." and "--CLASSPATH=..."
> > didn't seem to help either.
>
> Using "-fCLASSPATH" on jc1 solved the problem. Thank you for you help!
>
> However, it's still unclear to me why "gcj" worked while "jc1" didn't
> when I didn't specify the class path.

This is just a data point.  When I tried to do what Dachuan described in
his first post, the jc1 command completed with no errors.  The assembly
file thus created can then be assembled and linked into an executable
and runs correctly.

This is with GCC 3.0 on both Linux/intel (Red Hat 7.0) and Solaris/sparc
(Solaris 2.6).

--
Weiqi Gao
weiqigao@networkusa.net