libltdl and _Jv_FindSymbolInExecutable

Mike Pelley mike@solidum.com
Fri Sep 14 09:52:00 GMT 2001

Currently, we have a java application that calls c functions in a c
library (with c++ wrappers).

When I use the native GCC 3.0.1 compiler (for Linux or SunOS) it works
fine.  However, if I attempt to build the application using a gcc cross
compiler (say, Linux to SunOS), the link fails because
_Jv_FindSymbolInExecutable is not resolved.  It turns out that this is
conditional on libltdl, which is not built for cross compilers (see
libjava/configure, libjava/configure.in, and
libjava/java/lang/natRuntime.cc).

Is it possible to reference external c libraries from java programs
compiled with a cross gcc compiler?  Why doesn't libltdl get built when
  cross compiling?

Thanks!   Mike.