powerpc crosscompiler with java support

Anthony Green green@redhat.com
Wed Sep 12 07:47:00 GMT 2001

Stefan wrote:
> /tmp/ccmOSGtG.s: Assembler messages:
> /tmp/ccmOSGtG.s:283: Error: invalid section for operation
> /tmp/ccmOSGtG.s:308: Error: invalid section for operation

Hmm...  Are you using a recent version of binutils for your cross assembler?

> swanner@p2:~/MyFiles/Programming/java/HelloWorld >
> /opt/cross/bin/powerpc-linux-gcj --main=HelloWorld HelloWorld.java

/opt/cross/lib/gcc-lib/powerpc-linux/3.0.1/../../../../powerpc-linux/lib/libgc
jgc.so:
> undefined reference to `dlopen'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Ah... your building a Linux-cross-PPC-Linux toolchain?  I'm surprised you got
this far because I thought the libjava configury wasn't ready for cross builds
to Linux targets.  Cross builds assume a newlib based target right now.

You'll want to look at os_dep in the boehm-gc target directory to ensure the
proper setting are being selected for your target.

AG