libjava testsuite problem under i686-pc-linux-gnu

Alexandre Oliva aoliva@redhat.com
Sun May 27 13:51:00 GMT 2001

On May 26, 2001, "John David Anglin" <dave@hiauly1.hia.nrc.ca> wrote:

> This suggests that libtool should look at `-B' options as well as `-L'
> options when it generates `rpath' options in the preinstall case.

Huh?  What do -L and -B have to do with this?

The real problem is that libgcc_s is not a libtool library, so libtool
can't do its magic of creating an executable that can run properly in
the build directory.  Presumably, setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH or
equivalent, as we already do to run tests, should get the dynamic
linker to find the correct libgcc_s.  What if you run ldd with
LD_LIBRARY_PATH set?