libjava build failure on branch for sparc-sun-solaris2.7

Jeff Sturm jsturm@one-point.com
Tue May 22 21:20:00 GMT 2001

Joe Buck wrote:
> java::net::PlainSocketImpl::bind(java::net::InetAddress*, int)./.libs/libgcj.so

I saw this too.  It turns out that Solaris <sys/socket.h> does:

#define bind __xnet_bind

however only when _XOPEN_SOURCE is defined.  That changed with this
patch:

2001-05-15  Mark Mitchell  <mark@codesourcery.com>
        * config/sparc/sol2.h (CPLUSPLUS_CPP_SPEC): Define.

I tried undef'ing bind etc. in my libjava tree.  Although that worked
for my build, it feels like a dirty hack to me.

What's the right way to keep the preprocessor from interfering with java
names?

Jeff