Java libraries and proposal.

David Marceau dmarceau@8d.com
Tue May 22 07:58:00 GMT 2001

Adam Heath wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Apr 2001, Joe Emenaker wrote:
>
> > > Just to complicate the situation....
> > >
> > > Any script that builds a PATHS,CLASSPATH, must also consider stripping
> > > conflicts from them.
> >
> > Well, each JVM on the system could have a script that builds the classpath
> > that it needs. That would be the first thing in the actual classpath passed
> > to the JVM. Next, you tack on the existing $CLASSPATH contents. Lastly, you
> > add the auto-generated stuff in ./lib, ./classes, $HOME/lib, $HOME/classes,
> > /usr/share/java/lib, and /usr/share/java/classes.
>
> $CLASSPATH should ALWAYS be first, in any auto-generated setup.  How else
> would I be able to override something in a system directory?

Please be aware of these:
-Xbootclasspath:<directories and zip/jar files separated by ;>
set search path for bootstrap classes and resources

-Xbootclasspath/a:<directories and zip/jar files separated by ;>
append to end of bootstrap class path

-Xbootclasspath/p:<directories and zip/jar files separated by
;>
prepend in front of bootstrap class path

--
Santé bonheur :)
David Marceau