ICE in dwarf2out.c (Re: Gcj 3.0 on Itanium, again)

Alexandre Petit-Bianco apbianco@cygnus.com
Thu May 17 22:51:00 GMT 2001

Jeff Sturm writes:

> After considerable debugging it doesn't really appear dwarf2out.c is
> misbehaving at all.

Thank you for looking into this.

> I'd like to eventually look closely at how gcj emits debug info
> vs. other frontends.  In the meantime, we have this annoying bug on
> the branch.

I don't recall we're doing anything special with the types. As far as
the statements, we're making sure that emit_line_note gets called when
necessary.

> Any ideas on a quick fix for 3.0?  Perhaps the java driver can
> simply avoid -g1 altogether?  Neither -g0 nor -g2 exhibit the
> problem.

I was also thinking it could be an acceptable solution.

./A