lobotomizing libgcj

Tony Kimball alk@pobox.com
Thu May 10 16:25:00 GMT 2001

I want to make the smallest possible executable for the sake of POTS
modem downloaders.  I thought removing the ClassLoader and
SecurityManager support would be good first steps at reducing
statically linked size.  Any other suggestions?

Oh, and a question: Is this labor of sufficient potential use to
justify incorporating into CVS a set of patches to provide for the
conditional construction of a minimized version of the runtime,  or is
it not worth the (admittedly not inconsiderable) bother?  (I wouldn't
seriously pursue this unless some reasonable number of real potential
users were to speak up.)