SIGSEGV in jc1

Jeff Sturm jsturm@one-point.com
Wed May 9 08:58:00 GMT 2001

On Wed, 9 May 2001, Bryce McKinlay wrote:
> In the past I have noticed that the problems with multifile compilation
> were often dependent on the order in which the files were passed to jc1.

I think you're right.  Here's an example I was just looking at, again on
the branch:

../src/jacl/tcl/lang/NamespaceCmd.java:32: Class `tcl.lang.NamespaceCmd'
already defined in ./../src/jacl/tcl/lang/NamespaceCmd.java:32.
   public class NamespaceCmd extends InternalRep implements Command {
                ^

It seems this class has already been parsed as a side effect of compiling
some other class.  One way to avoid the error is to compare the canonical
path names, but I'm not really sure if there aren't other nasty side
effects of parsing a source file twice.

Compiling this package one at a time works fine, thanks to Alex's latest
patches.

Jeff