Problem with main routine during linking

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Mon May 7 19:38:00 GMT 2001

Jeff> There's another good reason to change the --main link order...
Jeff> link commands with no objects, i.e.:
Jeff> gcj --main=Exam -lexam
Jeff> fail if `libexam.a' is a static archive.

That's a good point, and I think this would still fail if `main' was
in libgcj.  I think changing the link order is the best approach.

Unfortunately, like Bryce says, the driver code is very complicated.

Martin, could you submit a PR for this problem?  If not, tell me and I
will submit one.