libjava gcc-3_0-branch, klass timing out in testsuite again

Gordon Sadler gbsadler1@lcisp.com
Fri May 4 20:48:00 GMT 2001

On Fri, May 04, 2001 at 08:36:32PM -0700, Jeff Sturm wrote:
> On Fri, 4 May 2001, Gordon Sadler wrote:
> > Exception in thread "main" WARNING: program timed out.
> > FAIL: klass execution from source compiled test
>
> Though I've never seen this on i686-pc-linux-gnu I get it nightly on
> alpha-unknown-linux-gnu.  I haven't investigated carefully yet.  (The
> state of gdb on alpha-linux is so bad sometimes I don't even try.)
>
> I do know the program seems to loop on SIGSEGV somewhere in
> java::lang::Object::clone, around the line
>
>   if (klass->isArray())
>
> The klass object appears to have been overwritten:
>
> (gdb) print klass->name
> $2 = (_Jv_Utf8Const *) 0x23bd86d827ba002e
>
> Does this look like the same failure?

I haven't taken much/any time on this today other than looking at build
logs. For a more thorough look at what happenned for me on i686 last
time, please see:
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2001-04/msg00663.html
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2001-04/msg00676.html

I look into this current failure on my machine shortly. Have to get
another copy of the JDK for comparisons.

Gordon Sadler