RTL

Anthony Green green@redhat.com
Mon Jul 23 11:46:00 GMT 2001

The RTL representation used in GCC is very
different from the RTL used in hardware design.  It's one of the
intermediate formats used by the compiler during optimization/code
generation.  What are you trying to do?

AG

  ----- Original Message -----
  From:
  Mohammad
  O'mara
  To: java@gcc.gnu.org
  Sent: Monday, July 23, 2001 10:02
AM
  Subject: RTL

  I need to know the real benfit behind the RTL
  generation in GCC .. is it used for optimization ? .. or just to represent the
  code in RTL format ? .. and how can I make use of this format if i'm talking
  about the RTL that concerns the Hardware design ? ..
  also , I read that RTL generated in the GCC is
  vey platform dependant ! .. so , how can one generalize it ?