DejaGNU-style JUnit testing

Per Bothner per@bothner.com
Sun Jul 15 00:09:00 GMT 2001

I don't know if this makes sense or not, but I hacked together a
little extension of the JUnit testing framework ( http://www.junit.org/ ).

This has these extra features:

* A hook for "expected failures".  (I guess the proponents of
"Extreme Programming" don't believe in expected failues!)

* the output is written in DejaGNU-style syntax:

FAIL: test1(gnu.testing.mytest) - expected:<5> but was:<4>
XPASS: test4(gnu.testing.mytest)

Time: 0.02

                === Summary ===

# of expected passes            1
# of unexpected passes          1
# of unexpected failures        1
# of expected failures          1

* Terse output is written to standard output.  Complete output
plus redirected System output and error are written to a log file.
(For now hard-wired to /tmp/test.log.)

I don't know if this is of interest to any one, but I've attached
a snapshot.