gcj swing support problem

vbabaladi@hss.hns.com vbabaladi@hss.hns.com
Wed Jul 4 22:39:00 GMT 2001

Hi
I  have cofigured and installed the gcc-3.0
I want to know wheter  gcj  will support swing and jni

because when i try to compile my java swing program its throwing the following
error

gcj -xjava --main=sort sort.java -o sort

sort.java:1: Can't find default package `javax.swing'. Check the CLASSPATH
environment variable and the access to the archives.
sort.java:4: Package `javax.swing.event' not found in import.
   import javax.swing.event.*;
          ^
sort.java:2: Class or interface `javax.swing.JButton' not found in import.
   import javax.swing.JButton;
          ^
sort.java:8: Superclass `JFrame' of class `sort' not found.
   public class sort extends JFrame
                             ^
sort.java:13: Type `DefaultListModel' not found in the declaration of the local
variable `listmodel'.
         final DefaultListModel listmodel = new DefaultListModel();
               ^
sort.java:19: Type `JList' not found in the declaration of the local variable
`list'.
         final JList list = new JList(listmodel);
               ^
sort.java:21: Type `JButton' not found in the declaration of the local variable
`sortButton'.
         JButton sortButton = new JButton("sort");
         ^
sort.java:36: Type `JList' not found in the declaration of the argument `list'
of method `sortList'.
   public void sortList(JList list)
                        ^
sort.java:38: Type `ListModel' not found in the declaration of the local
variable `model'.
       ListModel model = list.getModel();
       ^
9 errors