__CTOR_LIST__

Tony Kimball alk@pobox.com
Tue Jul 3 13:49:00 GMT 2001

This message is intended to correct the record of the mailing list
archives, regarding this subject, to help insure that the erroneous
statements of my previous two messages do not lead any innocents
astray.  ld versions have nothing to do with my earlier difficulty
regarding static constructors: I was ignorantly overlooking the role
of link order in the construction of the .init section.  As Ian Lance
Taylor helpfully pointed out to me elsewhere, crtbegin.o and crtend.o
must bracket any such constructors in the link order.