JNI and _Jv_Compiler_Properties (+patch)

Jeff Sturm jeff.sturm@commerceone.com
Wed Jan 31 10:19:00 GMT 2001

Martin Kahlert wrote:
> > We will only support creating a single VM.
>
> Now, for the first version or forever? I thought more than one VM
> should be able to run at the same time.

To support two (or more) VM instances per process, there must be separate class
instances, with their own static variables.  Each VM would have a set of threads
and probably their own heaps as well.

With libgcj each of the core classes are bound to global symbols.  I think that
makes it impossible to support more than one instance of a class per process.

--
Jeff Sturm
jeff.sturm@commerceone.com