'/' versus '.' and jni (was Does jni work?)

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Fri Jan 26 09:37:00 GMT 2001

Martin> The documentation (i.e. tutorials) on JNI i found usually uses slashes.
Martin> Is this incompatibility intentional?

No.

Martin> As far as i can tell, the signatures in the templates
Martin> _Jv_JNI_GetAnyMethodID and friends should be changed from
Martin> '/' into '.', because this seems to be gcj's standard notation and
Martin> thus makes the least trouble.

Don't do that.  Instead we should fix libgcj.

Martin> Warning: This would pollute java-discuss with silly questions!

Don't worry about that.

I'll look into the problem a little.  The fix might be as simple as
changing `/' to `.' in _Jv_FindClassFromSignature.