GCJ Bug accessing field of inner class (gcc version 2.97 20010117)

Boehm, Hans hans_boehm@hp.com
Fri Jan 19 11:23:00 GMT 2001

You can turn of the garbage collector by either building without it (and
effectively using malloc), or by setting GC_dont_gc to prevent collections
from starting.  But I would guess that setting a gdb breakpoint in
GC_default_warn_proc, and looking at the call chain, might be more
informative.  I would guess that an allocation function is being passed a
bogus value as the object size.  But that's only a guess.

What platform are you running on?  Is the failure instantaneous, or do you
hear the disk for a while, as it garbage-collects repeatedly, before you get
the warning message?  If this is a standard platform, and the failure is
instantaneous, I would doubt that it's a collector problem.  This is not a
common collector failure mode.

Hans