Java: New C++ compatibility changes.

jeff.sturm@appnet.com jeff.sturm@appnet.com
Mon Jan 15 03:00:00 GMT 2001

On Mon, 15 Jan 2001, Alexandre Petit-Bianco wrote:
> I checked in a Java front-end patch and a Java runtime patch:
>
>   http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2001-01/msg01225.html
>   http://sources.redhat.com/ml/java-patches/2001-q1/msg00065.html
>
> This has been tested on x86/linux and PPC/linux. I couldn't get Alpha
> to work, but it might due to some other problems (I'll try an old ABI
> build.)

I've had some luck with your last patch (with the c++ hack) on Alpha with
sjlj-exceptions.

It seems the compiler may be emitting bad exception tables.  Also, shared
libs don't work.  But that's not a gcj problem.

There is some gcj breakage... I'm finding null characters in regular text
output, e.g.

^@^@.net.BindException: Permission denied

A simple "HelloWorld" ran OK.  I'll see what I can find out.

Jeff