Precise GC (was Re: cannot build libjava/gnu/gcj/xlib/natClip.cc)

Jeff Sturm jsturm@detroit.appnet.com
Wed Jan 3 21:25:00 GMT 2001

On Wed, 3 Jan 2001, Cedric Berger wrote:
> Yes, but it's been proven to be almost impossible to "written defensively"
> this code. And there is a lot of such code. most of libgcj for example.
> Is libgcj "written defensively" ?

Not sure what you mean.  But in our own code we do have many critical
sections that perform some cleanup action.  Try...finally blocks work well
for this.  (Note that the finally block is executed upon either
InterruptedException or ThreadDeath, so hitting these with Thread.stop
doesn't do any real harm.)

Jeff