gcj static linking fix [Re: gcj build on Itanium]

Bryce McKinlay bryce@albatross.co.nz
Tue Feb 27 02:37:00 GMT 2001

"Boehm, Hans" wrote:

> Problem 5: Static linking tends to result in "eh.o...: undefined reference
> to `fwrite'.  This seems to be a library ordering problem, which might also
> affect other platforms.
>
> Workaround: use "-u fwrite" on the command line.
>
> Request: What's a proper fix?

Static libgcc linking seems to require "-lgcc -lc -lgcc" with no other
libraries in between in order to work correctly. The use of libgcj.spec was
adding additional libraries between the first "-lgcc" and the "-lc". This patch
fixes it. I'm checking it in to head + branch.

regards

  [ bryce ]