Java-related bootstrap failure: sparc-sun-solaris2.8

Gerald Pfeifer pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Feb 15 15:14:00 GMT 2001

On Wed, 14 Feb 2001, Phil Edwards wrote:
>> Headers like Xlib.h most certainly shouldn't be included as C++ headers,
>> in my opinion:
> That can be argued both ways.  On the one hand, it's a Solaris bug which
> Sun finally deigned to fix:
>
>     http://gcc.gnu.org/fom_serv/cache/25.html

Ah, thanks. Would you mind adding this to install/specific.html? (I just
verified that the Patch-ID for x86 is indeed correct. Good guess!)

> On the other hand, that's not an acceptable solution for many users.

Yes, and it does cause a bootstrap failure.

Not that this matters much. Today I patched our sparc-sun-solaris2.8
machine which indeed fixes the original problem, now it's aborting
further down the road. :-(

Gerald