gij runs HelloWorld on PPC Linux

Jeff Sturm jeff.sturm@commerceone.com
Mon Feb 12 10:02:00 GMT 2001

Tom Tromey wrote:
> We already have a `NULLCHECK' call in that branch.  However, when we
> know how to catch SEGV, NULLCHECK is defined to do nothing.

Yes.  My understanding is that the NULLCHECK macro exists for (embedded?)
platforms that may not have hardware support.

> I was going to say that need NULLCHECK and MAYBE_NULLCHECK.  But I
> think this is the only place that matters.

I agree it's a special case.  There was an analogous fix for the compiler:

Odd thing is, the compiler doesn't seem to have anything like NULLCHECK.  Maybe
it isn't needed on any interesting platforms.

--
Jeff Sturm
jeff.sturm@commerceone.com