Bug in gcc CVS HEAD from a few days ago with alloca and stack alignment

David Edelsohn dje@watson.ibm.com
Sat Feb 10 16:34:00 GMT 2001

	This is probably caused by the following definition in
config/rs6000/sysv4.h:

/* Alignment in bits of the stack boundary.  Note, in order to allow building
   one set of libraries with -mno-eabi instead of eabi libraries and non-eabi
   versions, just use 64 as the stack boundary.  */
#undef  STACK_BOUNDARY
#define STACK_BOUNDARY  64

/* Real stack boundary as mandated by the appropriate ABI.  */
#define ABI_STACK_BOUNDARY ((TARGET_EABI) ? 64 : 128)

	So it looks to me that this is some incorrect accomodation made
for eABI, i.e., someone trying to use the sysv4 configuration for eABI
instead of creating a real cross-compiler.

	I do not know the history of this decision.

David