Fwd: Status of gcj/java on PPC Linux?

Kevin B. Hendricks khendricks@ivey.uwo.ca
Thu Feb 8 09:56:00 GMT 2001

Hi,

Okay one more thing.  I don't want my patches to break anything for any other POWERPC port.  Unfortunately the trampoline sizes and code and how parameters are passed are different for different AIX and Linux PPC.

I need to define some things in ffi.h.in to turn on closures and set the trampoline size and don't want to simply use the libffi defined(POWERPC) for fear it breaks AIX.

What is the best way to limit this?

Will defined(__linux__) && defined(__powerpc__) work or is there something like
defined(LINUX) && defined(POWERPC) you would rather I used.

Thanks,

Kevin