Problem when compiling with static flag

Bryce McKinlay bryce@albatross.co.nz
Mon Feb 5 18:43:00 GMT 2001

Tom Tromey wrote:

> Adrian> I finally got today's checkout (Monday about 5PM GMT) of gcc
> Adrian> to compile.  It runs hello world fine but not if I include
> Adrian> --static. Here's what it gives:
>
> I get this too.

Yeah, this is almost certainly related to the shared libgcc change. The
weird thing is that I see the problem when building a small, single file
"Hello world" app, but not when building a larger project consisting of
~20 java files.

Also, it doesn't happen when using c++ even though the link command is
virtually the same.

regards

  [ bryce ]