Hash synchronization patch

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Sat Feb 3 11:41:00 GMT 2001

>>>>> "Hans" == Boehm, Hans <hans_boehm@hp.com> writes:

Hans> It should be safe to add to the generic tree, though I'm not
Hans> sure what the best timing is for that.  Most of it is turned off
Hans> unless you build with --enable-hash-synchronization.

Thanks!  This is great!

I think we should check this in on the trunk as soon as the gcc 3.0
branch is made.  Hans, I've forgotten -- have you filed paperwork with
the FSF?

Hans> 1) Configure scripts need to be fixed.  Currently if you build
Hans> with --enable-hash-synchronization, you need to subsequently
Hans> invoke gcj with -fhash-synchronization.

This is fairly easy to fix.  We can simply put -fhash-synchronization
into libgcj.spec.

Hans> 2) Object.h currently has an "ifndef JV_HASH_SYNCHRONIZATION" in
Hans> it.  This is presumably broken if user code includes it.
Hans> Configure scripts should be changed to install one of two
Hans> versions.

I think what I'd like to do here is install a system-specific include
file called `gcjconfig.h'.  We'd have configure create this.  We'll
install it in some system-specific directory that is automatically
searched by g++.  Then we can simply have Object.h include this file.