mingw32 gcj (not yet)

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Tue Aug 28 15:41:00 GMT 2001

> : System.setOut(new PrintStream(new FileOutputStream("CONOUT$")))
> : // ... similar for in, err
> :
> : as a workaround.

Tony> Workaround, cool.  I did likewise for the nonce, but it doesn't
Tony> play well with cygwin pipes, e.g..

I don't really know much about Cygwin or (especially) Windows.
Right now the filedescriptor code pretty much assumes a Unixy
environment.  However, that is easily changeable.

One idea would be to replace `int fd' with `RawData fd', and have the
interpretation of it depend on the platform.

Then when initializing in/out/err we could call some native code which
would do the right thing, also depending on the platform.