java.security problems

Brad Cox bcox@virtualschool.edu
Mon Aug 27 18:13:00 GMT 2001

I'm trying to convert a large security-intensive application from java to
gcj. It was developed and tested with the ABA provider for JDK 1.1, but
based on the assumption that libgcj is JDK 1.2x, I've converted it
accordingly. Its all gone well so far but I'm stuck on the following
problem:

java.security/Security.java: In class `java.security.Security$2':
java.security/Security.java: In method `java.security.Security$2.run()':
java.security/Security.java:171: Can't find method
`loadProvider(Ljava/lang/String;)' in type `java.security.Provider'.
   							{ public Object run() { return Provider.loadProvider(name); }
});

                       ^
java.security/Security.java: In class `java.security.Security':
java.security/Security.java: In method
`java.security.Security.loadProviders()':
java.security/Security.java:133: Can't find method
`loadProvider(Ljava/lang/String;)' in type `java.security.Provider'.
   		Provider prov = Provider.loadProvider(name);

java.security/Security.java is a copy of Sun's jdk1.2 Security.java which
I copied in an attempt to overcome its (apparent) absence in libgcj. I
verified that the above methods really are missing, with jad and by
downloading the source.

Am I expecting too much? Is libgcj's java.security supposed to be
complete?

This is on Linux 7.0 with gcc3.0.1 latest build (downloaded today).
--
Brad J Cox, Ph.D. bcox@virtualschool.edu, 703 361 4751
For industrial age goods there were checks and credit cards